24.11.07

a composition bowt CAT. :]

here is a composition i made fer a school paper [the ADDU college school paper]. .mrs. bolaños said if the article won , it wud be published in that school paper . i jst found it && felt liek sharing it here . so , here goes ..

When I heard from my friend that there was going to be a CAT Summer Training, I was encouraged to join the medic training. We went to the orientation and learned that the training for the officers and medics were separated. They mentioned that it would be better if we decided to become an officer, since it has more chances of becoming disciplined and becoming a good leader of the school. What the tactical officers said at that orientation really got me thinking a lot. Those deep, encouraging words that they said at the orientation inspired and encouraged me to join the officers’ training instead, even if it meant disobeying my father’s will. The truth behind it was, before I decided to join the officers’ training, I got into a fight with my father because he didn’t want me to join that training thinking that it would affect my academics. He also said that he didn’t want me to join because the training was rigorous for a girl like me, for he himself has already experienced that before and he really thinks that I wouldn’t make it. Still, I stood my ground and fought for what I wanted, because I wanted to prove to my parents that I am not as weak as they think I am and that I can be a good leader.

On the first day of training, I knew I would be in big trouble because I arrived late. Luckily, the tactical officers were still gentle to us at that time, so I didn’t have to worry about my standing. Later that morning, we started with an early morning exercise. It was so exhausting! I barely thought that I would make it. I never imagined that the exercise would be that exhausting. After exercising, we changed our uniforms and proceeded to our classroom where we listened to a lecture about military courtesy and discipline, leadership, etc. That kind of routine went on for days, even weeks. Every morning, I had to wake up very early at 3:00AM just to be saved from tardiness. I didn’t mind the coldness of the water every time I took a bath early in the morning. I knew I had to make a sacrifice just to pass this training. I knew it would be worth it in the end.

On the third day of the training, that was the day of our “reception” or so-called welcoming for all of us. That’s where the muddy scenes come in. It was sort of an initiation, very rigorous and impossible to pass for someone who doesn’t have the heart to become a good leader, making one want to quit, go home and relax instead. Each one of us was asked if we still wanted to continue. We were asked at every station we went to. I had to admit that it was kind of harsh but I knew it was just a test to see how strong, willful and determined we are, if we really wanted to stick to what we wanted to pursue from the very beginning. After the muddy reception, we all took turns taking a bath and the rest of the day was spent for relaxing. We were then taught of the parts of the rifle and how to use them. By the end of the day, we had the knowledge on how to hold them and take care of them.

Time flied by so fast, even in the absence of fun, if I do say so myself. By the third week of our training, it was time for our final test—our survival. In this final test, I was able to learn by heart the value of true unity of minds and hearts. I learned that so many heads are truly better than one. I learned how to be independent in my own way. I learned how to trust other people more. I learned how to be brave and just trust my instincts. When my father visited me, he saw the hard work that I exerted and put through this entire training. I knew by then that I didn’t waste the efforts that I made in this training. By the end of our survival, I learned the value of true friendship. It was also hard to believe then that it was finally over. We graduated from our training and became the official officers of the school. I saw in my father’s face that he was proud, that mother and he raised a strong girl. I felt even prouder than him. I faced the difficult and rigorous training which was at the start, really hard to imagine that I actually could. I felt so happy and I considered that moment as the greatest achievement I ever made in my entire life, one that I can and will never ever forget.


"i will forever cherish those moments in mai layp .
i thank God i met my batchmates . i feel so complete. :]"

3 comments:

jaMartinez. said...

chorva ! hahaha . pwede na ! pang TIME magazine ! XD

i miss our training days. . :(

shelala said...

hahaha XD o nga eh. .miss q na rn xado ! :'(

jaMartinez. said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwe . xge lang baii. .